Saturday, March 9, 2013

LEA FULL SIM ART SEARIES (MAR): Fuschia's Fantasy Fairyland


Fuschia Nightfire kicks off the 3rd Series of the LEA FULL SIM ART Series at LEA 6 with 'Fuschia's Fantasy Fairyland'. A full list of the Series 3 offerings can be found on the blog: LEA FULL SIM ART SERIES (here for full year schedule).

GRAND OPENING: It's Already Open. Fuschia Wants to Share the Building Process
LOCATION: HERE AT LEA 6


In Fuschia's Words:

In my recent installation 'Winter Outlined' at Gallery Graine Sculpture Garden I was playing with the effects of invisi-prims against alpha textures and transparencies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twMSv0PPegM

I made some avatars that were completely made up of the invisi prims, with an outer layer that had 1% transparency on it, allowing the invisi prims to block them out from inside, creating the illusion of an outline around the avatar. Whichever angle the avatar was viewed from it always appeared as an outline. I then found that when I put this avatar infront of alpha textures the invisi prims would work to block out the texture behind it, giving the avatar a more 'solid' appearance.

I developed more versions of these avatars and as they had an ethereal feel to them, I added wings and made them into fairies.

I am using the sim at LEA 6 to develop an environment to house these avatars, using lots of alpha textures and transparencies, and also the SL water which has the same effect.

I have a free sample of this avatar, in both male and female form for people to collect when they land in the sim.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LEA6/209/83/22

In the last week of my installation I intend to populate the sim with people wearing the avatar and make a machinima there.

No comments:

Post a Comment