Sunday, June 3, 2012

LEA FULL SIM ART SERIES (JUNE): DB Bailey's 'In a Tizzy'

.


The illustrious DB Bailey (David Denton) holds the reins for the June round of the LEA FULL SIM ART SERIES (here for full year schedule), bringing to us 'IN A TIZZY',  a dedication to my first Second Life hero (or heroine), she of the Chakryn Forest... Bettina Tizzy.


This FULL SIM installation is NOW OPEN (Through Midnight SLT 30th June)


LOCATION: HERE @ LEA 6
http://slurl.com/secondlife/LEA6/182/31/43

In DB's words:
Dedicated to Bettina Tizzy, who influenced so many in Second Life with the founding of NPIRL (Not Possible In Real Life). She has always believed strongly that this medium should be explored for its uniqueness in creating a  new reality, rather than using it to re-create our known reality. The advent of mesh will make realism even more possible and tempting at the expense of fully exploring the full potential of this new technology. Her message is more valuable than ever. Thank you, Bettina, wherever you are.
Installation by David Denton
I read recently that science is now concluding that dreams have no meaning. It is thought they are random images produced by the brain that are completely disconnected and do not reveal anything about our inner being. What a relief.
I have had a dream recurring for most of my life of being in a room with no windows and no doors. I can walk through any wall and find myself in another room which is completely different and disconnected from the first. Any direction I walk I enter yet another room. What a relief to now realize this dream is not indicative of some incipient neuroses!
This installation explores the concept of sequential rooms totally unrelated to each other. Each room is an environment with a particular personality. When I begin work on the next room I do not start with the vision of what this room might be like. I simply try as many different variations and combinations of forms, textures and color until I find something that feels right. It seems to have a life of its own and I am more the facilitator then the creator. There are certain consistencies in my installations such as the use of the Audi car bumper and Greek temples. They mean nothing, only that I'm too lazy to invent new toys.
I seem to have more to say about what it is not, than what it is. But that is important, for it frees the viewer to have his or her own unique experience. I don't even like putting names on installations, as it implies what one is supposed to see rather than what one might see. There's nothing here that requires the analytical part of the brain, so turn it off. It was created intuitively and should be experienced in a similar manner. Form, texture and color combinations can produce certain reactions and represent the entirety of the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment